Skip to main content

Christmas Knits for Kids

I have really been trying to be on the ball with Lukka & Anikka's Christmas sweaters, and back in June, I could keep my smug little smile. Welcome uh, November 8th? How did that happen!
*Ani's*
I've got abotu 33% of Ani's sweater done and stalled at about the 75% mark on Lukka's. Now, if only there were more hours in the day! The boy's sweater is from Debbie Bliss, Cozy Sweater and the girls is a favorite of mine off of Etsy called the Girl's Capped Sleeve Sweater. It is such an easy knit, although I don't love magic loop method of knitting, I've gotten past that part and am on the body now, and about to cast off stitches for the sleeves. After that's it's abotu 7-8 inches of smooth 'movie knitting' sailing.
On a good note, for all of those other people in my life that are getting knitted gifts in the next month or two....those projects are done! Sorry, no sneak peeks until they've been received by giftee.
*Lukka's (yes, that's a front on top of a back)*

What are you working on this month?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

giozi said…
Every body is already with christmas works. Here downtown already has the lights, but turn off yet. Each year the decor starts before.

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...