Skip to main content

Lukka's 13th Birthday Interview


camping with friends at Cultus Lake 
What is your favorite color? Blue

Who are some of your friends? Cole, Zac, Kate, Joshua, Matthew, Mattias, Kellan, Ethan

biking the Glen Valley dyke trail 

What do you want to do when you grow up? undecided

What is your favorite animal? dog 

hiking somewhere in Maple Ridge around Christmas

What is your favorite thing to do with Anikka? .... (long pause)... skiing

What is your favorite thing to do with your friends? talking and playing video games 

meeting the new farm members

What do you like to do outside?  garden, bike, drive the truck, ski, 

What do you like to do inside?  play my piano, read, watch TV

Calvin jokes are still favorites around here

What is your favorite food?  steak or pasta

What is your favorite drink?  fizzy drinks

Snow day forts!

What is your favorite restaurant?  Olive Garden 

What is your favorite subject in school?  math (WHAT?!)

Trying to fix mom's old laptop

What is your favorite thing to watch?  Phineas and Ferb 

What is your favorite song to listen to or sing? Chopin's "Wrong Note"

What is your favorite toy? my piano, my carving knife

Science experiments 

What is your favorite way to exercise? swim and ski

What makes you happy?  Copper

What makes you sad?  hiking

Making molecules

What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?  cuddle and reading

What is your favorite thing to do with Dad? ski, work on the car, watch movies

Riding Tico!

What goal did you accomplish this year that you're proud of? I became better at math

Eating a simple Swiss meal including cheese on toast and goat's milk

What is a goal you have for your 13th year? Finish my Tensegrity table  

playing at the Museum of Pop in Seattle 

Anything else you'd like to say about the past year? I am Groot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Activities: Board Games We Love

My children have recently become enthralled in the world of board games. I was never a board game player. Sure, I remember long summer hours (days? it seemed like it..) spent around a Monopoly board, but I was never one to suggest to get out the cards, or a game. As my children have grown and they are now able to do activities with me, I started noticing that they really took to puzzles (when done all together) and the one or two board games I happened to have kept in the storage room. They were always asking to play Candy Land and so I figured I should branch off a bit. Over the course of the last year, I have found GREAT games, even ones that I love to play alongside them. The amount of 'teaching' they have gotten through games is jaw-dropping. Counting, team-playing, math related patterning, are just some of the skills I've watched develop. I asked before Christmas on facebook what my friends and their own kids loved and I was thrilled with the response. We have found ov

July Reads

Birch Bay Sunset, rainbow hues July has been hot out here. When you live in the top story of an apartment building, and there's no air conditioning, it can feel just over the needle of uncomfortably warm when the day is above 76 degrees. We've kept blinds shut, windows open, and a fan continually blowing as it's perched in our living room window well. Just about the only thing I feel like doing after a long day is laying on the couch straight in the fan's air circulation path, and read a good book. I had some unique picks this month. * #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso  This book was just plain fun to read. Amoruso developed the iconic ebay store NastyGal way back when vintage selling on ebay was a thing. Now she's a millionaire with a kicking website that she started from scratch and didn't owe a dime to anyone else for. It's a great 200 pager with stories on dumpster diving for daily food, entrepreneurship tips, and being the backwards kid that no one t

Top 10 Books of 2017

early sunset in Ft Langley  I love reading all these "Top 10" lists of favorite books read throughout the year, so I'm adding my two cents.  I'm involved in a Book Club that I love with women from our church, a small group that meets every week and goes through a book every few months, my own list, books I'm reading aloud to the kids and  books I'm reading for educational purposes (think professional development). I took a look at all of those combined and this is what I got, in no particular order:  *  The Problem of God  by Mark Clark - I loved going through this academic apologetic book with my friends from church. It led us to great discussion, and good food for thought. I listen to Clark's sermons every week and so knew I'd probably love his writing style, too. If you have objections to Christianity, or are feeling confused about what to believe, this is a great primer.  * You're Smarter Than You Think  by Dr. Thomas Armstron