Skip to main content

Anikka's Birthday Interview // 13

 

Anikka on the Vancouver Island ferry

Anikka has fully become a young lady this past year. She is no longer a kid who likes to play, and that means my baby's 'childhood' is a bittersweet memory. I will always miss her chubby elbow dimples but the young person she is transitioning into is such a beautiful mixture of her little self and the horizon of the future dreams she has.

She is a goal-setter and a quiet achiever. She takes care of people, and shows affection by spending her time and art skills making things for others. She knows what she likes, and what she doesn't, and trusts me enough to take my advice if she's hesitant but feels I might be right about a new experience I'm gently pushing her into saying "yes" to. She loves just about any TV show I tell her about from my childhood (love that!). She's a strong introvert that needs hours of downtime a day, which works for her because  it's helped her become accomplished with her art! 

We love you, Anikka, and we're so proud of you!

Camping? Summer something!

 
Who are some of your friends? Isla, Anna, Kathryn, Lilah, Myah, Marie, Anya, Audrey, Brooklyn I., Kate, Kristen, Ophelia, CJ, Charlee, Charlotte, Maddie, Leyla, Brooklyn T., Chelsea

What do you want to be when you grow up? something cool

Our friend painted this on Anikka's face at church

What is your favorite color? black

What makes you happy?  books, music, art

Anikka made a daisy wallet chain out of perler beads

What makes you sad? a sad movie where an animal dies (or a book)

What is your favorite animal? cat 

 "Galloping Goose" bike ride; Sooke, BC

What is your favorite book?  Any of the Five Kingdoms books

What is your favorite thing to do with Mom? read

Best ice cream in Victoria

What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?  ski

What is your favorite thing to do with Lukka? play Minecraft 

What do you like to do with your friends?  talk, crafts, swim, walk, Minecraft


Anikka working on a 1,000 piece puzzle on her new board

What do you like to do outside? ski, swim, hike

Where do you like to go?  a craft store!

What is your favorite food? spring rolls


Anikka feeding a roo!

What is your favorite drink? water 

What is your favorite restaurant?  I'm not sure

Anikka and Copper 

What is your favorite subject in school?  art

What is your favorite thing to watch? Blossom (HAH!!)

Anikka standing on a rug she made by finger-knitting!

What is your favorite song to listen to?  Enchanted by Taylor Swift 

What is your favorite way to exercise? dance 

The whole family waiting for our zodiac whale-watching tour in Victoria 

What is your favorite thing to do? cross-stitch (any related art activity-it changes weekly)

What is ur favorite art tool? My drawing pencils


On the Vancouver Island Ferry 

What are you proud of over the last year? my drawings

Anything else you'd like to say? No

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Activities: Board Games We Love

My children have recently become enthralled in the world of board games. I was never a board game player. Sure, I remember long summer hours (days? it seemed like it..) spent around a Monopoly board, but I was never one to suggest to get out the cards, or a game. As my children have grown and they are now able to do activities with me, I started noticing that they really took to puzzles (when done all together) and the one or two board games I happened to have kept in the storage room. They were always asking to play Candy Land and so I figured I should branch off a bit. Over the course of the last year, I have found GREAT games, even ones that I love to play alongside them. The amount of 'teaching' they have gotten through games is jaw-dropping. Counting, team-playing, math related patterning, are just some of the skills I've watched develop. I asked before Christmas on facebook what my friends and their own kids loved and I was thrilled with the response. We have found ov

July Reads

Birch Bay Sunset, rainbow hues July has been hot out here. When you live in the top story of an apartment building, and there's no air conditioning, it can feel just over the needle of uncomfortably warm when the day is above 76 degrees. We've kept blinds shut, windows open, and a fan continually blowing as it's perched in our living room window well. Just about the only thing I feel like doing after a long day is laying on the couch straight in the fan's air circulation path, and read a good book. I had some unique picks this month. * #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso  This book was just plain fun to read. Amoruso developed the iconic ebay store NastyGal way back when vintage selling on ebay was a thing. Now she's a millionaire with a kicking website that she started from scratch and didn't owe a dime to anyone else for. It's a great 200 pager with stories on dumpster diving for daily food, entrepreneurship tips, and being the backwards kid that no one t

Top 10 Books of 2017

early sunset in Ft Langley  I love reading all these "Top 10" lists of favorite books read throughout the year, so I'm adding my two cents.  I'm involved in a Book Club that I love with women from our church, a small group that meets every week and goes through a book every few months, my own list, books I'm reading aloud to the kids and  books I'm reading for educational purposes (think professional development). I took a look at all of those combined and this is what I got, in no particular order:  *  The Problem of God  by Mark Clark - I loved going through this academic apologetic book with my friends from church. It led us to great discussion, and good food for thought. I listen to Clark's sermons every week and so knew I'd probably love his writing style, too. If you have objections to Christianity, or are feeling confused about what to believe, this is a great primer.  * You're Smarter Than You Think  by Dr. Thomas Armstron