Skip to main content

Atreyu "Trey" Mast

Here's our goofy girl, affectionately called, "The Street Rat". In this picture she is hanging her head upside down, and laying on one of our oversized couches. She isn't allowed up there, and she knows it. Our computer and bathroom are on the second floor and when she hears my foot step on the stairway she quickly jumps down off the couch, never to be spotted by me with her hands red! All I can see are traces of black fur and a warm space on the couch! What a little rascal--now you know where she gets her nickname. Other than being overly aggressive when it comes to her bone (Nylabone needs a new level for our chewer), she is really quite sweet and will cuddle up to Stefan or me whenever we sit down on the floor. Not only that, but she is the most free-spirited dog I've ever known, and although it can be annoying sometimes (wagging her tail 100mph (thats 160km/hr for you Canadian folks) so that it slaps Arjax in the face) and jumping over 4 feet on our sliding glass back door, we love her. Sometimes.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...