Skip to main content

Loving those After Hours

Today, as every other Tuesday (and Wednesday, and Saturday) I go to the YMCA for a spinning class--which I love, and need, if it's just to get out for an hour. After a 15 minute warm-up, and 10 minutes into the actual class, a nursery worker came and gave me 'the wave'. Uh-oh, baby is sick. Fairly high fever. Hmm...so that's why he didn't finish his oatmeal this morning. We've been taking it easy today, and Lukka took not one...but two naps, and even though one was only about 35 minutes, it was SO nice for him to take one during the day. If you've been following his blog, you would know he has been skimping out on these for the past week and a half, and it hasn't been pretty (seriously, don't know how you moms with more than 1 do it!). The second was about 2 1/2 hours. This was such a great thing for me, who has been going 12-12 1/2 hours every day! I was ready for a coffee break for goodness' sake...or, since I don't drink coffee--a Sour Apple Martini break!

Recipe: 1 shot of Sour Apple Pucker and about 3 shots of Sprite = lovely after-hours drink. If you order these at bar or resturant, they are usually WAY stronger, I don't like to taste the overbearing 'paint -peeling' quality in mine, though. (Sorry moms that are pregnant, gotta wait awhile!)


In other news, I am half way through my book, They Like Jesus but Not the Church, and to be quite honest, I find the author extremely annoying. He has great points, but three paragraphs to explain his interviewees' opinions at the beginning of every chapter is really irriating to me. Why not just write a disclaimer? Oh wait, he did that, too. Oh well, 100 pages left and I can move onto better things.

A Few Questions for my readers:

1) How do I put videos onto the blog without putting them on Youtube? Is this possible?
2) How do I put a song (that I own already on iTunes) onto the blog? Don't worry, it will be HCJr.-esque.
3) What is your favorite cocktail?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...