Skip to main content

Book # Whatever Takin' Me Forever!


Lies My Teacher Told Me is like having 8 encyclopedias thrown at your brain at once. Needless to say, I have another 5 weeks with it (and it will probably take me that entire time!), so I will finish it. It's interesting, and if you're a history buff, reserve your copy. It's just...I wanted this whole list to be fun! And now it isn't anymore (read: it's the book no one wants to read in class but get an "A" on the paper because they understand the basic plot). In the meantime, I've been reading a little lighter things to take a breather.

This one had awesome advice for temper tantrums (my 9 month old is becoming increasingly whiny...I want to nip that in the bud!)

This one I just started because I love her bible studies (am thinking of doing this one next)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...