Skip to main content

Baby Has a Brand New Room!


The last month or so Lukka and I have been really working through the day. I had a huge checklist of spring cleaning/organizing/doing things I wanted to get done before the new baby arrives (31 more days until due date!). Here are some pictures of some of the FUN things we did (unlike bleaching the baseboards and cleaning the oven, these were actually enjoyable 'tasks' to do!)
Two new more "girly" decorations to hang in the room--embroidered wall displays--still sticking to Lukka's nautical theme, they are a picture of a mermaid, and a few seahorses and my all time favorite--an anchor! I got the templates from Sublime Stitching; they have SO many cool patterns to choose from, and are relatively cheap, too!
(Oops, I'm not great at faces, this mermaid looks a little mad!)
We also changed the room around-a lot! It feels more open now since we cleared out a lot of "stuff" that was being stored in his room. We also were having to put his crib in the middle of the room for naptimes and nighttime because he kept playing/tearing down the curtains! This way it's shoved against the walls where he can't get to anything! So much better! Next to his crib in his bookshelf, where he can be seen most days taking everything out and putting it all back in...much less a little "reading" here and there! Against the two big windows is his change table. Why didn't I think of this before? Now he can look outside and be entertained while being changed!!
Here is where the second babe will sleep--opposite side of the room, and yet once she stands, she still won't be able to grab ahold of anything! She will be in an heirloom bassinet (post coming soon with a new craft project!) in our room next to our bed, where she can be easily nursed by candlelight until she is sleeping through the night. She'll then be changed over to the pack'n'play when she's sleeping roughly 8-10 hours at a time so Lu's sleeping pattern isn't disturbed too much. Next to that is another window with a reading rocker & lamp-how we put him to bed every night is cuddling with either me or dad and reading a story. The room is way more play-friendly now and we've been enjoying it a lot this week (well...me from knitting in the rocker...). Stay tuned for more craft and cleaning projects and how-tos! I need to get back into the blogging routine!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute room! I don't think William slept 8-10 hours at time until he was near two. Wow...I'm having flashbacks right now. I hope the new little one is a better sleeper!

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Activities: Board Games We Love

My children have recently become enthralled in the world of board games. I was never a board game player. Sure, I remember long summer hours (days? it seemed like it..) spent around a Monopoly board, but I was never one to suggest to get out the cards, or a game. As my children have grown and they are now able to do activities with me, I started noticing that they really took to puzzles (when done all together) and the one or two board games I happened to have kept in the storage room. They were always asking to play Candy Land and so I figured I should branch off a bit. Over the course of the last year, I have found GREAT games, even ones that I love to play alongside them. The amount of 'teaching' they have gotten through games is jaw-dropping. Counting, team-playing, math related patterning, are just some of the skills I've watched develop. I asked before Christmas on facebook what my friends and their own kids loved and I was thrilled with the response. We have found ov

July Reads

Birch Bay Sunset, rainbow hues July has been hot out here. When you live in the top story of an apartment building, and there's no air conditioning, it can feel just over the needle of uncomfortably warm when the day is above 76 degrees. We've kept blinds shut, windows open, and a fan continually blowing as it's perched in our living room window well. Just about the only thing I feel like doing after a long day is laying on the couch straight in the fan's air circulation path, and read a good book. I had some unique picks this month. * #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso  This book was just plain fun to read. Amoruso developed the iconic ebay store NastyGal way back when vintage selling on ebay was a thing. Now she's a millionaire with a kicking website that she started from scratch and didn't owe a dime to anyone else for. It's a great 200 pager with stories on dumpster diving for daily food, entrepreneurship tips, and being the backwards kid that no one t

Top 10 Books of 2017

early sunset in Ft Langley  I love reading all these "Top 10" lists of favorite books read throughout the year, so I'm adding my two cents.  I'm involved in a Book Club that I love with women from our church, a small group that meets every week and goes through a book every few months, my own list, books I'm reading aloud to the kids and  books I'm reading for educational purposes (think professional development). I took a look at all of those combined and this is what I got, in no particular order:  *  The Problem of God  by Mark Clark - I loved going through this academic apologetic book with my friends from church. It led us to great discussion, and good food for thought. I listen to Clark's sermons every week and so knew I'd probably love his writing style, too. If you have objections to Christianity, or are feeling confused about what to believe, this is a great primer.  * You're Smarter Than You Think  by Dr. Thomas Armstron