Skip to main content

Review: Drybees Organic Bamboo One-Size Fitted Diaper

Drybees Organic Bamboo One-Size Fitted Diaper With Insert Included
Seriously. Who can resist babies in diapers? Especially when they are super soft and cozy cloth diapers like these? I just can't stop taking pictures of them!(Don't want the review? Hop on over to BabyMast to see Lukka's photo-shoot of Mommy and Anikka!)
Review: The very first cloth diapers I ever tried on Lukka were Drybees All-In-One (AIO) diapers. The reason I bought this brand first was because at the time there was no other place selling cloth diapers except Milkworks, and this was the only brand they had! (They now have everything from prefolds to fuzzi buns...except Bum Genius! Too bad, those are my all-time favs).  I liked them alright, except I found out that to get them completely dry, you had to put them in the dryer for two cycles. Not only does that not seem very cost-economical to me (the reason to cloth diaper in the first place for us!) but they still would be slightly damp and then start to smell... no good. Turning them inside-out when drying helped a little, but I thought if we ever bought cloth diapers again, I would not get the AIOs.
Enter the pocket diaper. I scored about 11 size M & L pocket diapers (cloth diaper plus a hole in the back to put an additional insert, removing before washing) These became my favorite, but still pretty pricey. I opted to get the rest of the diapers I would need from Craigslist--25 prefolds, 3 home-sewn, 3 flannel, for $25. With 2 $7.00 covers, THAT is a good price! 
The last time I was at Milkworks with my Moms' group, I saw on their sale table that they had Drybees organic bamboo one-size fitted diapers.  I really wanted to try them out. Not only were they incredibly soft and cushy, they would fit newborn through toddler by sizing them with different snaps on the front (hence the term, one-size). They came with an insert (although, not a pocket diaper, more of a liner) AND they were only $10.00 each...marked down from over $20! I bought two and tried them out that day!
My overall impression is this: I am glad I have two of them, but I would not buy these as your stash. They are comfortable, but the lack of pocket makes the liner "slip around" a bit, if you're not careful and have a soiled diaper, that could get dirty (ha!).
They are very soft but because they don't have a wet protector (most are lined with a vinyl on the outside with a comfy inside like fleece), they can leak through after 3 times. My son isn't to the age where he can tell me that he's wet (although tells me when he's "poo-poo"), so before you know it, he's gone three times and his clothes are wet. 
They were very well priced for being sale items, but overall, 2.5 outta' 5 stars. The cute factor and the soft factor are really all they have going for them, especially when thinking of practicality. These are not diapers I would want my kids in when we go out (especially if I forget a change!) Good thing I didn't spend the original price!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i used the drybees organic bamboo one-sized diapers. honestly, they were the only diapers that i would give a 5.0 (besides bumgenius, i totally agree with you on that one), and this is coming from a mom whose tried almost every kind out there. i wouldnt use them without a diaper cover though. with a cover, they are pERFECT, bamboo is several times more absorbent than cotton, and ive found it best when traveling, or going out. =) but they're not really the type of diaper that they recommend using without a cover.

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Activities: Board Games We Love

My children have recently become enthralled in the world of board games. I was never a board game player. Sure, I remember long summer hours (days? it seemed like it..) spent around a Monopoly board, but I was never one to suggest to get out the cards, or a game. As my children have grown and they are now able to do activities with me, I started noticing that they really took to puzzles (when done all together) and the one or two board games I happened to have kept in the storage room. They were always asking to play Candy Land and so I figured I should branch off a bit. Over the course of the last year, I have found GREAT games, even ones that I love to play alongside them. The amount of 'teaching' they have gotten through games is jaw-dropping. Counting, team-playing, math related patterning, are just some of the skills I've watched develop. I asked before Christmas on facebook what my friends and their own kids loved and I was thrilled with the response. We have found ov

July Reads

Birch Bay Sunset, rainbow hues July has been hot out here. When you live in the top story of an apartment building, and there's no air conditioning, it can feel just over the needle of uncomfortably warm when the day is above 76 degrees. We've kept blinds shut, windows open, and a fan continually blowing as it's perched in our living room window well. Just about the only thing I feel like doing after a long day is laying on the couch straight in the fan's air circulation path, and read a good book. I had some unique picks this month. * #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso  This book was just plain fun to read. Amoruso developed the iconic ebay store NastyGal way back when vintage selling on ebay was a thing. Now she's a millionaire with a kicking website that she started from scratch and didn't owe a dime to anyone else for. It's a great 200 pager with stories on dumpster diving for daily food, entrepreneurship tips, and being the backwards kid that no one t

Top 10 Books of 2017

early sunset in Ft Langley  I love reading all these "Top 10" lists of favorite books read throughout the year, so I'm adding my two cents.  I'm involved in a Book Club that I love with women from our church, a small group that meets every week and goes through a book every few months, my own list, books I'm reading aloud to the kids and  books I'm reading for educational purposes (think professional development). I took a look at all of those combined and this is what I got, in no particular order:  *  The Problem of God  by Mark Clark - I loved going through this academic apologetic book with my friends from church. It led us to great discussion, and good food for thought. I listen to Clark's sermons every week and so knew I'd probably love his writing style, too. If you have objections to Christianity, or are feeling confused about what to believe, this is a great primer.  * You're Smarter Than You Think  by Dr. Thomas Armstron