Skip to main content

Me = Excited

I have been feeling in a funk lately, and can't seem to get my creative "umph" going, even though I have started on Christmas gifts back in July. I needed something to give me a good art kick in the pants, so to speak. A few weeks ago I heard Rachel and Elsie were teaching another class (they usually do 1-2 a year) and this was the first time since I've been following them that I've had a chance to put aside my 'day job' and do something that I love-Make Things!

My babies are sleeping 12 hours a day and we are on a good routine, the last few times they've had classes this has not been the case, once I had a newborn, then was really pregnant and tired, and then, another newborn! So much for getting an online class in!

photocredit
I'm happy to report I will be taking their online art class for two months-Sept 15-Nov. 15th and creating 30 + awesome and unique gifts for others and myself in their Autumn Class! From time to time during these two months I will be showing you the crafts I make, but because it is a paid course I am not going to be showing you the "How-To's" behind the scenes.
What are you all excited to be doing this upcoming fall?
*

Comments

StephG said…
I love love love Fall, but am kind of dreading it this year. This swine flu thing has me scared...like, hoarding Purell and Clorox wipes scared. A toddler with asthma and new baby during flu season...eek!
vivianna said…
this is going to be a fun class!

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...