Skip to main content

Upcoming Posts and Link Love

Hey All,
We had been without internet for about 5 days this week. We had a virus on our computer and we had to "Nuke" it so to speak. Luckily before it crashed we were able to buy a big hard drive to save all our files. Even though I had my (rather large) collection of music on our computer along with a lot of written files from college that I was proud of, I was most anxious to save all of our family pictures!
I have about five posts I'll be writing up this weekend, including a book review of The China Study, a how to on tips for making different ice creams, my favorite flavor of the week being Cocunut French Mocha. YUM! A review on Soap Nuts and a few new BabyMast posts including a book review or two, and some more pictures, along with a few craft projects (Christmas!) I've been working on!

In my absence, feel free to peruse some of my favorite posts from the last few weeks!

So there you have it, things I've been checking out the last few weeks. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...