A couple of weeks ago I found a blog post on a Summer Fun List and decided that would be a great thing for our family make. I had it in mind for when days where we needed a bit of extra "oomph" to get around the town to explore, stop and smell the flowers (or, you know, have an ice cream cone), or invite friends over to play. I asked Lukka to add things to the list and we created a chart that has already worked for boredom busters.
I'll give you an idea of a few of the things we've decided to put on there, exempting the ones that involve other kids that we know ;)
- Pick Strawberries. (check.)
- Zoo day and share a snack. (check.)
- Go to a camp--VBS
- Get an ice-cream at DQ.
- Go to Trago Spray Park.
- Children's Museum...when it's just too hot out.
- Camp in a tent over-night.
- Get peaches from Sunwest farm.
- Go to Runza and play in the new play place (check.)
What are you doing with those restless days where the kiddie pool just isn't cuttin' it? I would love to hear some more ideas!