I always need some help with the arugula, because it's just so darn bitter. Let me know how you like it (and no I will not put it on pizza).
Here's what I plan to do with the rest:
- The tomatoes and jalapenos, and some onions (including green) will find their fate becoming a lean mean and amazing salsa. My husband is the salsa king. Seriously!
- The potatoes, shallots, and remaining onions (+ other store bought potatoes, needed more) will become a delicious side of creamy mashed potatoes for a dinner later in the week.
- The raspberries will be gone naturally, by way of little fingers in the fridge, if they aren't gone already.
- The Shimam, which is a Syrian fruit, is said to be best for its aromatic properties. I plan to leave it on the counter for a day to enjoy the smell, but then serve it for dessert one night to curious onlookers. It's a cute little squishy ball of a fruit with orange stripes!
- The cherry tomatoes, remaining green onions, and a couple jalapenos will find their way into one of my very favorite things to eat EVER: cornbread salad!
- Eggplant will probably either be pureed and frozen for later use a la Jessica Seinfeld, or it will be pulverized and put into some sort of a comfort food casserole... I'm thinking quinoa 'creamy' mac n cheese....
- I'm trying fried okra, too!
That's the week to week challenge of finding out ways to use up your produce from a CSA box. I've found pinterest really helpful and of course my favorite recipe index, Tasty Kitchen.
What are you making in the kitchen this week?