I just wanted to do a short post on all of the new features on the side-bar of the blog for those who rarely read them (ahem, Hi mom!) and for those just passing through with a hopeful recipe search. Here's the rundown of what I recently updated:
- Beneath the photo of Stefan and I is a text box that has my email address for those who are interested in my Usborne bookstore, and a link to the wonderful lady who took our family's photos this past fall. You can contact her through her blog.
- The red rectangular link will take you directly to my Pinterest boards. What is pinterest, you say? Only the most addictive thing since sliced bread smothered in Paula Deen's crunchy butter balls. With chocolate. Pinterest is a visual 'cork board' of sorts, where one can categorize different boards ("Home", "Style", etc.) and glean worlds of visual eye candy from the web. And from eye-candy I mean of the 'dream-house' or 'future kitchen' variety, not the type that gets you in trouble. ;) That red button will take you to everything I fancy: want to read, wear, make, see, or teach, etc.. Or eat. Enjoy!
- Underneath that is my Usborne Bookstore button, with the Usborne balloon logo. Click on that and it will take you directly to my online store. Read more about why I chose to become a representative of Usborne here.
- Next is the search engine for this blog. Can't remember a witty title of a post on who-knows-what? Type it in there if you remember me talking something vaguely familiar about it, and see what comes up. It will not take you to another site, but just bring up any posts that may be relevant from my blog only. Neat.
- The little picture of my feet, in a canoe, in the mountains? That's my fancy smancy 'blog grab button' with the text box. Like what you see here and want to share the love on your own blog? Copy everything in that little white box, and paste into your own little html gadget...do...hickey...thing. Now my little picture will grace your blog wall! Thanks. Mwah.
- The next three buttons are just fun little flare I liked to add to my blog to not only give it some color, but to show my readers other blogs that I love. And I mean love. They don't get wall space if I don't read them daily!
- Blog archive is just a tidy little button that shows each month since I first became a blogger (years? wow...) and how many posts are in each month. If you so fancy and want to go back to July 10, just press that with your mouse and you'll read all my posts on melting in the heat, and trying to get my kids back inside the air conditioning...or something.
- The Label section is for those who are here tooling around without a lot of time to spare. Want to only read my thoughts on home schooling? Click that link to take you to all of those labelled posts. Wanna' see what I knit my kids in the past 3 years? Yup, you've got it, hit the knitting label.
I hope that clears up some confusion with all the little do-dads if you're new here. Enjoy and look around!