I am a die-hard reader. I love to talk books. I love to recommend them to others. I love to write reviews and pass on my own to those who would borrow and read. And while we're talking about goals, why not share a few lists of my own? An important list I have made for the last couple of years is my book list. Generally I am a fast reader, and can read a book a week. However, there are books that take me upwards of 4 weeks, and some that only take me a couple of days. I like to have about 25 on a list for each year because, for me, that's pretty do-able. This is what I'm starting with this year:
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- The Element by Sir Ken Robison
- Life Together- Bonhoeffer
- Reclaiming Christianity by A.W. Tozer
- Rainbow Valley (#7)
- Rilla of Ingleside (#8 in "Anne of Green Gables series), both by Montgomery
- Swamplandia by Karen Russel
Truth + Beautyby Ann Patchett
- Playful Learning (H) by Mariah Bruel
- The Write Start (H) by Jennifer Hallissy
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Attributes of God: Vol. 1 by A.W. Tozer
Tacticsby Greg Koukl
- A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog by Dean Koonzt
- Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart
- Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard
- Screen Doors and Sweet Tea by Martha Hall Foose
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- My Life in France- Julia Child
Remarkable Creaturesby Tracy Chevalier
- The Purpose of Man by A.W. Tozer
- Real Marriage by Mark Driscoll
- Erasing Hell by Francis Chan
Don't be intimidated by my book list. I know many people like to read but wouldn't even dream of reading 25 books in one calendar year, but it's a big hobby of mine. I feel perfectly fine telling you I won't spend 5 minutes in all of January through December watching a single football game, shopping at the mall during Lemon Days, or be training for a marathon. It's just what I prefer to do with my free time.
PS- The (H) means for home-school.
PPS-Yes, I know there are only 23 books listed...I like to keep my options open for those last couple of slots through the year. Good books get published in the summer, too!
Do you make book lists for yourself? What are you currently reading or just finished? What's on your list?