I've been checking out a lot of fun things on the web in the last month, here are a few I've loved.
- I tested my quick reading skills against Rory Gilmore and came up with about a 40%. Not bad, for a Stars Hallow wannabe.
- I loved this honest look at "5 Things I Hate about Homeschooling". I also loved the second part, the token, "5 Things I Love about Homeschooling". I particularly resonate with #s 1, 2, and 4 in the "strongly dislike" category, and #s 1, 4, and 5 in the Love category.
- Who doesn't love a good cheese spread? Breakin' it down for what's what, where to put it, and what to serve alongside. Excellent entertaining option!
- Jean at artfulparent.com regularly has amazing art projects to do with kid. The contact paper stickers are a fav!
- I thought this NYTimes piece called, "The Busy Trap", was pretty interesting. I don't agree with it completely, but I was struck by how articulate this sentence was: " They’re busy because of their own ambition or drive or anxiety, because they’re addicted to busyness and dread what they might have to face in its absence." Word.
- Eek! The new Fiona Apple has been out for a few weeks and I have yet to hold it in my hands. Soon, that second to too-long-title-album will be playing on my stereo. (Does anyone even have those anymore?)
- Stefan has started researching the next pair of runners I'll own--some Vibram 5 fingers. They're pretty cute in their own, really weird way.
- I've been following Chatting At the Sky's online book club since it started back in early June. I've gotten a lot out of reading Emily's book, Grace for the Good Girl. Talk about reflecting on your skeletons. Things are never as pretty as they seem.
- I haven't crafted a single thing, knitting or sewing-wise, since last Christmas because I've been reading like a fiend. This little dress from Pickles, got me thinking about the Christmas knits, and how I always try to start in July. Eep! Time to get going...
- The cookbook currently on my counter is The Homemade Pantry. I like it so much that although I have to give it back to the library, I've got another copy waiting for me to pick up. Next up: their version of granola.
- Lastly, this little tribute to director Nora Ephron was so sweet, and written by Tom Hanks. She made some of my favorite movies that I go back to all the time. I honestly watch "You've Got Mail" at least 5 times a year!