Skip to main content

Usborne July Specials

photocredit

July is a fantastic month with Usborne Books & More, as it's their annual New Titles month, in conjunction with the best deal of the year for home-shows: Double Free! I have been able to preview a lot of the new titles and I would just like to say they keep getting better. The book cover at the top of the post, Jonathan James and the Whatif Monster, by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt, is my favorite new title from Kane Miller. It's a paperpack story that is worth every penny of it's $6.99 price tag, for the message it entails. It's a story about a little boy who worries "What if?" throughout his day and the ending will get a big smile from adults and children alike. A lovely story for any child encountering a new situation, this book will give them the boost of confidence to try new things. 

Hostess specials are incredible this month, as once a year (and you never know when it will happen!) Usborne allows hostess to receive DOUBLE FREE the amount of books for having a home show. This is the best time to have a home show as it allows you to stock up your children's library, or get all the kiddos Christmas gifts early this year, by just opening your home for an hour or two with your friends.  Here is a link to the PDF file that shows just how good of a deal this is: With an average show, you could have $140 in FREE Usborne & Kane Miller titles. It's a steal, and if you're local and need more information, email me at sslamast@gmail.com for details. 

Please keep in mind I have room for ONE more home show this month as my dates booked pretty quickly, email me soon if you want to have one in July! 

If you've ever wanted a great insiders discount to Usborne & Kane Miller books, but need more information, July is also a great month for joining the team. There is an option between 2 kits to buy (one large, one small, priced respectively), and this month, you can join for only $10 down. Details here. It's a great way to earn a bit of income on the side while gaining an awesome amount & quality of literature and non-fiction for your household. I have loved every book I've gotten (free, really discounted, OR full price!) and I can say it easily pays for itself if you're ready to go. Again, for any other questions feel free to email me. 

Lastly, let's not forget the Customer Specials that come out every month! With every $40 spent, you have the option to choose up to 3 of the customer specials, which are discounted about 60% off the retail price. This is a great way to stock up the birthday bin, get inexpensive but quality, useful teacher gifts for the next school year, Christmas gifts in advance, or a home school project book. Here is the flyer listing all of the customer specials, but some of my personal favorites are Math Puzzles (a wipe-clean packet of cards), The Zoo by Suzy Lee, and the board game Picture Word Lotto (similar to Bingo).

  PSST! If you haven't yet entered the Drawing for Usborne's 1001 Things to Spot in the Sea enter HERE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Activities: Board Games We Love

My children have recently become enthralled in the world of board games. I was never a board game player. Sure, I remember long summer hours (days? it seemed like it..) spent around a Monopoly board, but I was never one to suggest to get out the cards, or a game. As my children have grown and they are now able to do activities with me, I started noticing that they really took to puzzles (when done all together) and the one or two board games I happened to have kept in the storage room. They were always asking to play Candy Land and so I figured I should branch off a bit. Over the course of the last year, I have found GREAT games, even ones that I love to play alongside them. The amount of 'teaching' they have gotten through games is jaw-dropping. Counting, team-playing, math related patterning, are just some of the skills I've watched develop. I asked before Christmas on facebook what my friends and their own kids loved and I was thrilled with the response. We have found ov

July Reads

Birch Bay Sunset, rainbow hues July has been hot out here. When you live in the top story of an apartment building, and there's no air conditioning, it can feel just over the needle of uncomfortably warm when the day is above 76 degrees. We've kept blinds shut, windows open, and a fan continually blowing as it's perched in our living room window well. Just about the only thing I feel like doing after a long day is laying on the couch straight in the fan's air circulation path, and read a good book. I had some unique picks this month. * #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso  This book was just plain fun to read. Amoruso developed the iconic ebay store NastyGal way back when vintage selling on ebay was a thing. Now she's a millionaire with a kicking website that she started from scratch and didn't owe a dime to anyone else for. It's a great 200 pager with stories on dumpster diving for daily food, entrepreneurship tips, and being the backwards kid that no one t

Top 10 Books of 2017

early sunset in Ft Langley  I love reading all these "Top 10" lists of favorite books read throughout the year, so I'm adding my two cents.  I'm involved in a Book Club that I love with women from our church, a small group that meets every week and goes through a book every few months, my own list, books I'm reading aloud to the kids and  books I'm reading for educational purposes (think professional development). I took a look at all of those combined and this is what I got, in no particular order:  *  The Problem of God  by Mark Clark - I loved going through this academic apologetic book with my friends from church. It led us to great discussion, and good food for thought. I listen to Clark's sermons every week and so knew I'd probably love his writing style, too. If you have objections to Christianity, or are feeling confused about what to believe, this is a great primer.  * You're Smarter Than You Think  by Dr. Thomas Armstron