Skip to main content

5 {Foodie} Instagrammers That I Love

photocredit

After years of putting it off, I've finally become a member of the instagram community. I must say, you people are beautiful photographers. It's amazing what a quick capture and a few great filters can do nowadays. I'm a really visual person and seeing lovely arrangements, crisp landscapes, and different color palette-mixing is quite an inspiration. I'm especially in love with all the foodie photos on instagram.

I rarely have a cookbook in my cupboard that does not boast a picture-a-page, and it's for good reason. If I see it and it looks healthy and delicious, I want to make it, simple as that. Instagram is a great place for me to follow some amazing cooks, and although I follow most of these cooks and bakers on their blogs, I thought I'd share a quick list of my favorite {foodie} instagrammers, so you might take a peek, too, and find a new idea for dinner.

*Aimee Bourque from SimpleBites.net has by far the best spreads. Her photo usually captures the entire meal, in a lovely arrangement. She cooks, grills, bakes, and eats out, and I like all those options, too. Her blog is one of my favorites. This picture (up top) was so fetching to me I made the meal that week and it was fantastic. It fed us for two days, and we felt great.

*Joy the Baker has her own website, a number of cookbooks, and even hosts a podcasting channel. What I love about her instagram photos is that they are mostly all muted in tone, and hushed in color. They appear to be living in this perpetual Sunday-morning foggy realm of cozy, cats, and sweets.

*Robinette Farms are located near my hometown of Lincoln, NE. I enjoyed their delicious organic produce every summer from the farmer's markets my town had to offer. I could kick myself I didn't sign up for their CSA before choosing a different one (long story). Their photos are deliciously colorful and deep in the dirt. I was able to hear Chole, one of the owners, speak at an event once and have had much respect for the work they do since then. #EatLocal

*CannelleVanille is my all-time favorite food stylist. It's actually a job. Not only that, but she travels the world while hosting food styling, preparing, and photographing workshops. Swoon! She has recently relocated to my neck of the woods and I'd probably act like a 50s girl meeting a Beatle if I ever got the chance. Her photos are quiet, with usually one pop of color. Her food is simple, yet unique and elegant, and the best part? She's completely gluten-free.

*TastyYummies is a new face to me, having never read her blog before I saw her on instagram. Her photos cover texture and fullness, with the food nearly bursting through the square boundaries of each photo. There are lots of garden produce hauls, stuffed-large meal spreads, and super color 'one-pots'.

Who do you follow on instagram that gets your stomach growling? Leave their handle in the comments for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Activities: Board Games We Love

My children have recently become enthralled in the world of board games. I was never a board game player. Sure, I remember long summer hours (days? it seemed like it..) spent around a Monopoly board, but I was never one to suggest to get out the cards, or a game. As my children have grown and they are now able to do activities with me, I started noticing that they really took to puzzles (when done all together) and the one or two board games I happened to have kept in the storage room. They were always asking to play Candy Land and so I figured I should branch off a bit. Over the course of the last year, I have found GREAT games, even ones that I love to play alongside them. The amount of 'teaching' they have gotten through games is jaw-dropping. Counting, team-playing, math related patterning, are just some of the skills I've watched develop. I asked before Christmas on facebook what my friends and their own kids loved and I was thrilled with the response. We have found ov

July Reads

Birch Bay Sunset, rainbow hues July has been hot out here. When you live in the top story of an apartment building, and there's no air conditioning, it can feel just over the needle of uncomfortably warm when the day is above 76 degrees. We've kept blinds shut, windows open, and a fan continually blowing as it's perched in our living room window well. Just about the only thing I feel like doing after a long day is laying on the couch straight in the fan's air circulation path, and read a good book. I had some unique picks this month. * #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso  This book was just plain fun to read. Amoruso developed the iconic ebay store NastyGal way back when vintage selling on ebay was a thing. Now she's a millionaire with a kicking website that she started from scratch and didn't owe a dime to anyone else for. It's a great 200 pager with stories on dumpster diving for daily food, entrepreneurship tips, and being the backwards kid that no one t

Top 10 Books of 2017

early sunset in Ft Langley  I love reading all these "Top 10" lists of favorite books read throughout the year, so I'm adding my two cents.  I'm involved in a Book Club that I love with women from our church, a small group that meets every week and goes through a book every few months, my own list, books I'm reading aloud to the kids and  books I'm reading for educational purposes (think professional development). I took a look at all of those combined and this is what I got, in no particular order:  *  The Problem of God  by Mark Clark - I loved going through this academic apologetic book with my friends from church. It led us to great discussion, and good food for thought. I listen to Clark's sermons every week and so knew I'd probably love his writing style, too. If you have objections to Christianity, or are feeling confused about what to believe, this is a great primer.  * You're Smarter Than You Think  by Dr. Thomas Armstron