date night in White Rock at the pier
I haven't done a bag of
tricks links in a long time. Here's all the fun, interesting, smart, or silly things I've been loving 'round the internet. Enjoy!
- She totally gets it.
- There are no better girly barrettes than these little candy rolls. What a perfect little craft idea that won't take more than 10 minutes!
- How do nerds play? They read young-adult fiction for fun. Currently I'm reading Kate DiCamillo's Flora & Ulyssess and I love it. No wonder it won the Newberry for this year. Rumors of a movie!
- This lady's weavings are beautiful. She was starting out well before it was popular (again). I am so inspired by these. I love textured pieces.
- I'm on instagram (after, ahem, finally crawling out from under my rock)!
- Political: Following the Hobby Lobby issue? Stay away from facebook, but see how this liberal secularist shows how conservatives understands liberals more. Too much of a mouthful? Watch his TED talk (on how liberals and conservatives hold different values that make them misunderstand each other) or listen to his On Being interview "The Psychology Behind Morality".
- I literally just added 15+ more books to my list. How does this happen?!
- My oldest was named Bubble King this summer and this DIY will happen soon for neighborkid fun.
- possibly the best themed birthday-party ever--at the very least..the costumes!
- Family outings that cost money aren't in the budget. BUT. $1 movie tickets to kid shows? I can totally handle that! (google your local big box movie theater, most have this or a similar summer promotion!)
- Yes, let's talk about books all day. Then let's talk about traveling all night.
- Speaking of travel, was I the last person to know that REI has traveling group-trips? Like, even multi-sport amazing family options ?
- perfect summer music: (new), (older), (oldest)