totems giving me the stink eye in White Rock
I've got some goodies for you this week. I've been saving them up for about a month!
- Elsie Joy's podcast is quickly becoming one of my favorites. She talks about creativity, motivation, small business, blogging and inspiration. I'm slowly making my way through the archives. I need new podcast recommendations like I need another hole in my head. Like my mom says.
- I loved this idea from Sarah Bessey--to high light local places that need small, but tangible gifts to help the community in which they're found.
- Some friends and family back in Lincoln are doing a first ever Makers Market in September. I am so proud of them and wish I could be there to see All The Things!
- This was the best type of back-to-school homeschooling advice ever. (Say it with me: sense of humor, sense of humor, sense of humor)
- This was pretty gratifying to read (language alert, spoiler: copious F-bombs). The kids have been arguing like cats and dogs for weeks. Whining about everything. I think they can actually smell annoyance and stress like a body odor.
- This book looks pretty interesting for you Meyers-Briggs people.
- I *love* this Kids Tinkering Kit idea from Katydid's blog. I found it via Jean, theartfulparent.com and think it's a great idea for a gift for my tinker-boy
- While with some friends in Fairhaven, I saw some wooden oars on sale at an antique dealer. If only I had money to spend/wasn't moving/could hang things on the wall, I'd totally do a project like this.
- I am in loooove with this necklace from my favorite jewelry maker Annika Kaplan.
- My best friend is coming in October to visit and I'm thinking this ride is going to be an absolute must!
- I am not a shoe person but this brand MAKES me want to become a shoe person
- We're eating at Aslan Brewery tonight for our date night. Thank goodness for our sweet babysitter who is willing to come to us just one night a month.
- This is my kind of camping. Hoo-boy. I don't think I'd ever complain about the boonies again with this baby.