Skip to main content

Did You Hear That? Favorite Podcast Episodes


flower corner in a local community garden

I've recently become a bit of a podcast addict. There really isn't a better way to get housework done than listening to interviews between authors, artists, financial gurus, and spiritual leaders. Killing two birds with one stone makes my INTJ-self happy, and I'm learning a lot while doing the necessary mundane. Here's a few episodes that I wanted to pass on to you. I hope you find something useful and interesting between the links.

*I loved this podcast from Elsie Gets Craft about Having Writers' Block. Awesome tips on mapping ideas, creating 'more' from inside the box, and more.

*Listening to cellist Yo-Yo Ma doing a Julia Child impression on Krista Tippett's On Being podcast literally made my day.

*Doesn't everyone want a book deal? Well. I know I do. Listening to Tsh and her literary agent, Jenni Burke was fascinating and humbling. I've got a long way to go before I'm ready to ship, but I loved the background info and found it truly useful.

*This is technically a video, not a podcast, but it still counts if you listen to it. Business maven Marie Forleo talks with Comedian Maysoon Zayid about culture, comedy, disability, and business. I hadn't heard of Maysoon before, but I was so inspired by her and her work.

*Listening to someone talk about traveling is something I love. Listening to someone talk about visiting every country before they turned 35? Mind-blowing.

*This talk with author Lawrence Goldstone helped me think about how I am teaching my own kids literature, the nuts and bolts of a story (plot, setting, etc.), and how to engage kids in solving the mystery behind every book. Quite engaging.

*I am a huge advocate for life-long learning. In our family, this mentality has a lot of value. If you're in a hard season where you're not finding much time for your self or your own learning, this podcast has some great practical tips to implement growth and learning for your self.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...