Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Did You Hear That? Favorite Podcast Episodes


flower corner in a local community garden

I've recently become a bit of a podcast addict. There really isn't a better way to get housework done than listening to interviews between authors, artists, financial gurus, and spiritual leaders. Killing two birds with one stone makes my INTJ-self happy, and I'm learning a lot while doing the necessary mundane. Here's a few episodes that I wanted to pass on to you. I hope you find something useful and interesting between the links.

*I loved this podcast from Elsie Gets Craft about Having Writers' Block. Awesome tips on mapping ideas, creating 'more' from inside the box, and more.

*Listening to cellist Yo-Yo Ma doing a Julia Child impression on Krista Tippett's On Being podcast literally made my day.

*Doesn't everyone want a book deal? Well. I know I do. Listening to Tsh and her literary agent, Jenni Burke was fascinating and humbling. I've got a long way to go before I'm ready to ship, but I loved the background info and found it truly useful.

*This is technically a video, not a podcast, but it still counts if you listen to it. Business maven Marie Forleo talks with Comedian Maysoon Zayid about culture, comedy, disability, and business. I hadn't heard of Maysoon before, but I was so inspired by her and her work.

*Listening to someone talk about traveling is something I love. Listening to someone talk about visiting every country before they turned 35? Mind-blowing.

*This talk with author Lawrence Goldstone helped me think about how I am teaching my own kids literature, the nuts and bolts of a story (plot, setting, etc.), and how to engage kids in solving the mystery behind every book. Quite engaging.

*I am a huge advocate for life-long learning. In our family, this mentality has a lot of value. If you're in a hard season where you're not finding much time for your self or your own learning, this podcast has some great practical tips to implement growth and learning for your self.

1 comment:

Victoria Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.