Skip to main content

Oh, Canada!


Freight train coming right through White Rock

Well, that moment has come. We're finally moving to Canada! When we moved to Blaine 18 months ago, we had a job placement and easily found a place to live, a church, and a homeschool group that we've enjoyed. It's time to move across the border, though, and keep all our income (!), put down some roots in the same area for a few years, and keep living our life, reconnecting with Stefan's friends, making new friends, and investing in our community.  We're thrilled.

We found a fabulous place (like, so fabulous, I'm still pinching myself) and we get to paint and improve in whatever aspect we want. It's a dream location and I'll be posting lots about it once we're over the line. We move on Sept. 20, and we have a lot of packing to do. We're going to try to shrink wrap as much as we can (bookshelves, dressers, etc.) and move as is. My job for this week is to inventory our entire household, and pack up random bits...and of course try to eat up all the food in the house because we can't take much into Canada as far as food.

Wow. Eleven days left in America. I just blinked, and there it went. I have posts for the rest of the week including a guest post from my wonderful writing friend Victoria, but the next week or two after that might be a bit silent. Please excuse the absence.  International moving with do that to a person!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I traveled a lot around Canada when I was younger, then moved there when I was looking for my first job. I'm back home now (America) but I still think about it all the time. Really some of them best times I have there. Alberta is one of my favorite places in the world I think.

Jeannette Lewis @ Welcome Pack Canada

Popular posts from this blog

How To: DIY Sand/Water Table

How To: Build A Sand/Water Table for Under $30 ! Sorry this took me so long to blog, but I had to have a tool list and full instructions before I could do so. A little history on my love for the sand/water table . I love the idea behind tools for tiny hands, i.e. the Montessori Method , and like to have Lukka 'figure things out for himself', even when he is playing. I try to have the most simple and basic toys available for 3 reasons: a) simple toys generally have less parts, which means less of a hassle for me b) simple toys inspire way more creativity and imagination than do 'exact replica' toys c) they are much more aesthetically pleasing to look at, therefore, not making every nook and cranny of our house an eyesore! I know the last reason is just for me, but it's true. Plastic things don't generally last 1/2 as long as wooden or fabric toys, and they are unattractive. For this reason, I started to look for a wooden sand/water table as opposed to a pl...

{This Moment}

Join as we savor moments to remember from the week.

We've Gone and Done It

We are in the midst of packing up, and moving. Not just any move, but The Move we've been trying to accomplish for years now. We're heading up to (Washington) Canada. In the last couple of months Stefan had been talking to a potential employer up in Richmond, British Columbia , and after a very swift interview process they offered him the job. Small and large details aside, he accepted and plans to start on February 25th. We leave one week earlier, on the 18th. That's literally just over 2 weeks from when you will read this. We told family and close friends first, and while we haven't been keeping it a huge secret, our church, as a whole, did not know until last night because it was then we could tell everyone at our seasonal congregational meeting what our plans were in person, and with many of them all at once. I didn't want to say anything online until that happened. We've been steadily spending heaps of time with friends and family, all while slowly p...