The 30 ft. pool at Lynn Canyon
The list that I've tried to come up with has been a little harder than in years past but as I let it sit and brew for a bit, I had plenty of fresh ideas. The yearly lists (you can see 15 in 2015, my 29 before 30 birthday list here, and 28 before 29 here) help me focus on small/big, personal/family/friend, and creative/mental goals I have in any given year. Sometimes they are silly and sometimes I get them done before even writing them down, as you'll see below. They are just things I want to try, things I want to do, or things I want to enjoy with others. Some are big Bucket/Lifetime goals (1 below!) but most are pretty small things that niggle the back of my mind and writing them down helps me attain them quicker than forgetting about it 3 times.
16 in 2016
1) get a dog! (this didn't happen for various reasons last year, this year we're still considering it)
2) make 'sweet treat' hair clips for the girls*
3) make and can homemade jam
4) go to Banff National Park and explore Calgary
5) read the "Little House" series to the kids
6) find a GOOD summer farmer's market (I miss the seasonal farmer's market and realized I had put very little thought and effort into finding one I like that is nearby...not this year!)
Hike the Abby Grind with the family
8) take the canoe to a new-to-us local lake
9) Family Date: The Secret Lives of Pets at the theater
10) make everyone's X-mas gifts again**
11) knit a hat for 25,000 Tuques
12) bake/cook 5 pinterest recipes: (Apple Pretzel Tart, Flourless Samosas, pineapple salad, mexican corn, peach cupcakes)
13) explore the Island with friends!
14) see the Northern Lights+
15) buy more hanging houseplants
16) 1 picnic per month: June / July / August / September
*this is the only item aside from getting a dog that I'm keeping for this year from last. I didn't get to it, but I think it still sounds fun/doable
**I got off the bandwagon the past few years. I want/need to plan ahead because I hate procrastinating and this past Christmas was stressful because I spent more money than ever before, had literally no plan, and didn't make anything. Never again!
+ Actual lifetime bucket list item!